Here is my current to-do list (in no particular order):
Here are some more to-do items which I may or may not work on (also in no
- Add "Open with MLCad" command.
- Add detection of invalid command line arguments.
- Fix Landscape printing.
- Add an Options submenu under the View menu to switch many of
the instant-update preferences on and off (with keyboard shortcuts for all of
them). (For instance, lighting enable, wireframe enable, etc.)
- Add support for [Views] section of ldraw.ini.
- Smooth polygon outline for polygon antialiasing of pattern polygons
(polygons that aren't in the default color).
- Add support for 1-8sphc.dat primitive substitution.
- Add support for stereo pair printing (when stereo mode is enabled).
- Add ability to set render DPI when printing. (Currently always uses printer
- Improve transparent polygon sorting.
- Add other model motions to the screensaver.
- Improve preset viewing angles. (Toolbar?)
- Add true orthagonal support.
- Add a way for the user to adjust the various lighting parameters (ambient,
- Add more stud options, such as drawing them as just a line as MLCad allows,
or even perhaps as just a texture map (although I can't imagine a texture map
that would look good from multiple viewing angles). With modern 3D
accelerators, a texture map would probably be faster than even the simplified
- Add environment mapping (definitely optional). Would include the ability
to specify an environment map.
- If I get environment mapping working, add support for reflective colors
such as chrome and gold.
- Radar in fly-through mode.
- Look at model command.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please e-mail me at
LDView and this web page are both Copyright © 2009 Travis Cobbs.
LEGO® and the LEGO logo are registered trademarks of The Lego Group, which
does not sponsor, endorse, or authorize this site. You can find the official
LEGO website at http://www.lego.com.